Nice way to return after a nearly 5-month blog break, huh?
The break didn’t actually have anything to do with the pregnancy. I’d been struggling with this blog for a few months. I didn’t feel like I had anything to say and posts felt forced. That’s never what I wanted this blog to be.
While I was away, I remembered why I started this blog in the first place – to document life. There’s been a lot of life going on lately so it feels like a good time to come back. Some day, I know I’ll want to look back on this.
What I’ve been doing during the last five months:
- Travelling to Baltimore, Washington D.C. and Philadelphia for some R&R.
- Gorging myself on pizza and gummy worms.
- Attending two awesome weddings and agreeing to be a bridesmaid at two upcoming weddings.
- Spending two glorious weeks of Christmas vacation napping on the couch.
- Cursing the never-ending snow.
- Obsessing over baby gear reviews and safety reports.
What I haven’t been doing during the last five months:
- Reading. (With the exception of the aforementioned baby gear reviews.)
To be fair, this has been an easy pregnancy so far – made even easier by the fact that my husband is awesome and has been picking up my slack and taking great care of me. It’s still changed my routine up quite a bit and now, at 18 weeks, I’m just starting to feel like myself enough to start blogging again.
It’s good to be back!